2020 U.S. Open Cider Championship Medal Winners & Grand National Champion
In the seventh annual U.S. Open Cider Championship, cideries, wineries and breweries from Hawaii to Spain entered over 250 ciders representing 25 different styles. The final round of judging was held in Oxford, Ohio. Judging in the U.S. Open Cider Championships is blind, and the judges do not know what ciders they were tasting.
Arsenal Cider House & Wine Cellar from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania was named Grand National Champion for winning two gold medals and two silver. Their gold medals were for their Event Blend and Grant’s Flying Pumpkin.
Heritage Estate Winery and Cidery from Barrie, Ontario placed second while Ciderboys from Stevens Point, Wisconsin took third. No cidery dominated the judging as 17 different cideries won Gold medals in 25 categories,
Top 10 Most Creative Cider Names The judges also named a “Judges Award” for the top ten “Most Creative Names.” Among the favorites:
- Kiwi Herman Cider – Xaiko Beverages
- Drunk in Love Cider – Dingo Dog Brewing
- Crispy Crab Cider – Contoocook Cider
- Unicorn Fuel – Bryant’s Cider
- Reaper of the dragon – Cigar City Cidery and Mead
- Babe Magnet Cider – Diskin Cider
- I am Brut – Green Bench Brewing
- Troppi Poppi Cider – d’s Wicked Cider
- ACE Black Jack 21 – California Cider
- Midwest Mojo – Bent Ladder
CLICK HERE – 2020 U.S. Open Cider Championship Medal Winners
2020 U.S. Open Beverage Championship
Beverage makers entered Hard Seltzers, Hard Kombucha and Soft Drinks for the first U.S. Open Beverage Championship.
Click Here for 2020 U.S. Open Beverage Championship Medal Winners